With Wolf Creek #1 and Prairie Island #1 ramping up, nuclear power generation is running at 93.5% of capacity as of today, which is over 7 points higher than this day last year. This would represent roughly 1.4 BCF of natural gas replacement, if gas were the only fuel being displaced.
There are currently 6 reactors that remain offline, which represent 5.24% of nuclear capacity. Three reactors will likely be in service soon, and 3 not:
- Arkansas #1 NRC Inspection Long Term Outage until late 2017 or beyond
- D.C. Cook #2 Scheduled Outage OCT 1 - DEC 10
- Fort Calhoun Permanent Shut Down OCT 24
- Grand Gulf #1 NRC Inspection Long Term Outage
- Oconee #1 Scheduled Outage NOV 5 - DEC 4
- Oyster Creek Turbine Fault Nov 20